Monday, July 14, 2008

Japanese are Apparently All Shorter than I Am

I keep hitting my head on the top of doorposts. it really hurts.

in other news, i hit up the onsen after dinner, and sitting outside in a beautiful japanese garden, in boiling hot water, with the cool japanese air hitting my face, the moon and stars in the sky, and the lights from the mountain huts on the top of Fuji in the distance... well, 'nuff said.

americans should adopt some of the more quaint of japanese customs - the umbrella and the fan. on hot days, an umbrella above your head to block the sun and a fan to keep air moving at your face is a welcome respite from the summer heat. yeah, japan in the summer is hot. mid to high 80s and occasionally quite humid. but then again, so is nyc. and subway stations in tokyo are not nearly as bad as in new york.

i need to sleep, badly. thankfully, the kareoke bar down the block is dead (it is a monday night). no temptation, I can rest peacefully. my body is at rest.

No comments: